Saturday, January 15, 2011

Good Morning, from Riviera Maya, Mexico!

It's starting out to be a lovely day here today - already 75 and a little overcast but that will pass soon.  Today is day 2 of the nearly 2 week trip away and I'm already counting the minutes until I walk in my back door.  I'm staying at a resort called Grand Velas Riviera Maya.  If it weren't for work, I'd never be here - the rates range from $800-$1,200 per night normally which really isn't in our current vacation budget!  :)  My room is nice - modern, big and I even have my own pool on my patio which you can sort of see on one of the photos.  Anyway, this is where I call "home" until Thursday.  The weather's great, room is beautiful, food is good, I'm already eaten up by mosquitos but as I always say ....... there's no place like home.  (Even if that means snow and cold.)




1 comment:

  1. We stayed at a place that had a pool like that when I was pregnant with Piper in St. Martin. It weirded me out because a man came in to put chemicals in each day. Just how many people had sex in there kwim? I didn't even so much as put a toe in it! Room looks beautiful. Doesn't make me feel bad for you no matter how hard you try to make this work trip seem. Love you.

    ReplyDelete