Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vegas - Round 1

Anytime you have "Rounds" with a certain destination or trip it can spell T-R-O-U-B-L-E. When you replace any old city with VEGAS, trouble may not scratch the surface.

For the 6th year in a row I was fortunate enough to work with my favorite group. I've worked several programs each year for this particular group and couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of it each and every year. They have made me a part of their family. We've evolved together through the past few years - when I met them I was prego with Emma Lu and had only been in this job for 2 months and was frankly scared to death. 18 programs and 6 years later this is the most endearing and amazing group of people that I could ever ask to work with. From the top VIPs to the guests to the staff that works for me, the whole experience is exhilerating.

This program is one year in the making every year so yes, I have begun work for their 2011 program already. On one hand, it would be nice to have a break. But the larger piece there is that if I missed a week or heaven forbit an entire month with them I would be so sad! It is so easy to do my job and to do it well for people that truly appreciate every minute and bead of sweat that goes into it.

So, we hit the ground running. I had 7 staff there this year plus myself. 300+ attendees from all over the US and Canada came together for a total of 4 days. My day every day for 4 of the 6 days started at 6am at the latest and ended at midnight - sometimes 2:00am ++. We brought in Cirque performers to do aerial routines literally over dinner tables, a Wheel of Fortune game show and yes, I was the "game show girl" again this year, Hoover Dam trip, Golf Tournament, over 150 spa treatments, and the list goes on and on. For those of you that think I travel for luxury, sit by the pool, play a round of golf, drink, dance and party, I have one comment - YEAH RIGHT I WISH. Do I see the pool? Yes. Golf course? Usually. Club? Maybe. Party like a participant? Not even close. However, I have been lucky enough to make some really great friends along the way.

The program was a total success! The two people that I work so closely with are Joni and Larry. Joni has become not only one of the best friends a person could have but like another Mom and I love her to pieces. She's such an amazing person and I couldn't be luckier to have her in my life. Then there's Larry. God love Larry. He's sweet and funny and fun, over the top in so many ways, hyper, wound up all of the time, can react and blow in a heartbeat, is trusting and protective and most importantly (not really but funny enough), shares a birthday with ME! We are so alike its uncanny which must be why we get along so well. I adore working with him and again couldn't be more fortunate.

Without further ado, here are a few photos! Enjoy!



The Birthday Buddies



Cirque



No comments:

Post a Comment