Sunday, April 11, 2010

In Her Eyes

One weekend day a month I have a "date" with Maggie and one with Emma. Today was Maggie's day. She wanted to go to a movie - The Last Song. (Miley Cyrus of course!) So, we headed out. We got to the theatre, she went in and told the girl what we were there to see. I paid for the tickets. Then she looked at me and said "you get the popcorn - I'm going to hit the potty before it closes". (BTW-I've convinced my kids that when the movie starts, the bathroom closes.) We got all set, found our seats in the theatre and sat down. During the previews I looked over to her. I remembered what it was like when we saw her first movie. We stacked 2 winter coats up so she could sit higher to see better. She had a sippy cup and fruit snacks were her movie snack. Today I saw this little girl that is growing so fast. She's tall and beautiful. She was munching on her popcorn and sipping her soda when she looked over at me and said "Why do you keep staring at me?" I simply replied, "I don't know baby - you are just amazing to me." The movie was cute but in classic Nicholas Sparks fashion, got sad at the end. So, there I sat bawling my eyes out when I realized that the tables had turned and she was staring at me. When our eyes met she simly said, "Seriously?" I love my days with her. She is getting so big so fast. I hope that I remember today for the rest of my life. It meant so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment