Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's all about Daddy

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike, no detest, art projects. Why? They mess my house up and something always happens. It's just the way it goes. However, when Steve said that all he wanted for his birthday is something made by the girls, how could I resist. Now, you know me ... of course his ONLY gift isn't this handmade masterpiece BUT...

Anyway, back to the project. This undertaking has taken 3 nights. 3 nights of getting my husband out of the house for 2+ hours. So, tonight after our 6th hour, project is done. We painted several pictures. I purchased a giant 30x40 frame to mount everything to. Pictures painted - Check. Pictures mounted to the board - check. Kitchen clean - check. "Mooooommmmmm I broke the glass!!!!" - CHECK. Yup. You got that right. Maggie decided that standing on the glass that goes with the frame would be a good choice. Dawn and Trevr - did you hear me screaming at your house? Probably! So, now the darn thing is done but I have to go and buy another frame just so this thing has glass. What does this all mean? Momma irritated - check. As I told my daughters, "THIS IS WHY I DON'T DO ART PROJECTS MORE OFTEN!" Anyway, here it is - the finished (minus glass frame) product. I hope he likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment