Friday, June 4, 2010

She's on Her Way!

Congratulations Maggie Allison! Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of you.

Today our first baby girl graduated 1st Grade. Wow! To think that she's now on her way to 2nd Grade is unreal. It seems that just yesterday we brought her home from the hospital. But it wasn't yesterday - it was nearly 7 years ago. No matter how much I think about how I wish I would have stayed in jammies and held her all day or took less days for granted, I can't keep her a baby. I have made the leap of faith and completely understand that even though I miss "those days" she has her own life now. She's growing, learning and thriving. She has gloriously happy days with her friends and then other days she is sad because someone said her dress isn't as pretty as she thinks it is. This morning I said to someone that I was a little sad and she said to me, "What are you sad for? As a parent isn't it our job to praise them and be excited for them? How will they be proud of themselves and excited if you are down in the dumps? It's not all about you anymore - its about her and you should be happy for her." Harsh at first thought. When I got home I checked my Facebook and saw a post from someone that was praising **herself** for "getting through the day" since its her kiddo's last day of school and I realized that the earlier conversation, although harsh and difficult to hear, was pretty right on. I just hadn't thought about it like that.

So anyway, CONGRATS again Mags. We love you so much and you did an amazing job in first grade. Keep up the good work! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment