Friday, September 3, 2010

Blankie Love

When I was a little girl I had this blanket that was given to me as a baby but I never used it for anything other than my dolls. My grandma saved it and after she passed I found it in a trunk so I brought it home. I kept it as is because it smelled just like her so it was very special to me, especially when I missed her the most. After we found out that Maggie was on the way, when we decorated her nursery I hung this blanket on the end of the sleigh rung. This blanket was in tip-top shape - soft with nicely sewn satin edges. When Maggie was about 3 or 4 months old she pulled it into the crib from the edge and it has been history from there. This blanket is a part of our lives ... known as "white blankie", it goes with us everywhere. It's been to the doctor, the mall, restaurants, Disney World, you name it - it's been there. The satin edges have been re-sewn countless times and the holes throughout are no longer repairable. This "thing" means SO much to her that it has become her very special lovey and at this pace will probably be a part of her wedding dress!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment