Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life Lessons

They say that you learn something new every day. I wonder ... who are "they" anyway? Well, whoever they are, they are right. For the past few weeks I can't help but think to myself, "what next?". Work is crazy busy, girls are starting school, Emma's birthday is coming so there is a party to plan and gifts to buy, Steve's classes, a tree fell on my mom's house/car and we're moving her ... what next? I'll tell you. Last night I was driving in bumper to bumper "rush hour" (does Appleton really have rush hour) traffic when the car in front of me slammed on her breaks and there was only one place for me to go ... her rear bumper. The kicker? No damage to her vehicle ... but the front of my poor Vue is a mess. There are no photos because frankly I'm still so irritated that my camera is not going to get a look at it. Anyway, where is the "lesson for today" is on your mind I'm sure and here it is. As I was feeling extra sorry for myself this morning Chuck gave me his words of wisdom for the day. Although it feels like the world is closing in on me, to other people, their problems are way bigger. Although it sucks there really are people with more weight on their shoulders and more crap to deal with. I know he's right ... but just for one more minute, I'm going to be really sad for me ... and then I'll get over it and be done!


This photo is for my darling angel baby that said to me this morning...
Emma: Mommy, how many more days until my birthday?
Me: 24
Emma: Mommy, all I want is a Princess Bedroom and a Princess Party. Are you a Princess Mommy?
Me: No Emma, I'm the Queen and you are my Princess and you my dear may have whatever you want ... you just have to wait 24 more days.

To my littlest Princess, your little face and voice and the way it feels when you cuddle in my arms makes every problem and worry fade right away. I love you baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment