Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday Emma Caroline!

Where does 5 years go?  I remember it clearly - it was one of the best days and worst days all rolled up.  I'll never forget holding her all warm and gooey and falling instantly in love.  But I also remember when she stopped breathing and was whisked off into NICU.  The first time we went there the nurse greeted us and her first question was if we wanted her to be baptised that night.  It was horrible.  I felt like someone was tearing my heart out.  But now I look at her and she's healthy, beautiful, smart, sassy, sweet and loves to cuddle more than anyone I know.  I love you Emma ... more that you'll ever know! 

Here's the birthday girl! We had a big party yesterday with a Mickey bounce house, cupcakes, lots of our best friends and family.  It was a hit and Miss Emma had a blast!

1 comment: