Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chicago 2010

It is always amazing to me how fast vacation goes. But, it came and went in the blink of an eye but not before we had a fantastic time in Chicago! I go there somewhat often and know the city pretty well which helped. Maggie LOVED it! She is my city girl. Emma on the otherhand, says that her "favorite part was the bed and the hotel".

We visited Shedd Aquarium, shopped on the Magnificent Mile, went to American Girl Place, took a Chicago City Tour, went to Navy Pier, Millennium Park, ate at some of Chicago's most famous (and family friendly) restaurants, walked, ran through fountains and had a blast! I'd love to know how many miles we put on ... which Emma didn't like either. She really wanted to be held - it was 95 degrees each day so that didn't happen!

Maggie had a moment - she hailed her first taxi! Coming out of the restaurant on our first night she said that she wanted to take one back to the hotel. We told her that we were going to walk. Next thing I knew, she was standing on the curb with her hand up calling "TAXI!" and one pulled over to her! That's my girl!

Steve surprised me on our last night at dinner - he had snuck out earlier in the day and I didn't know where he had gone. At dinner he handed me my favorite colored box, yes girls - Tiffany Blue with a white satin ribbon. He got me a necklace from Tiffany & Co. which is becoming a vacation tradition but I'm not complaining!

I'm so lucky! What a wonderful time with my family. The memories that we made will stay with us forever ... even if all one of us remembers is the bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment